ArcelorMittal Tubarao selects JMH Charging Car Technology for Reliability and High Emission Control
Installation of two new JMH Charging Cars is expected to start on the coke oven batteries of ArcelorMittal Tubarao in June 2016.
Robust, reliable and incorporating Zero Emission Technology, the John M Henderson Screwfeeder Charging Cars are world leaders in coal charging equipment, with over fifty Charge Cars installed all over the world on new or existing batteries from 4 metres in height to 6.7 metres.
The main features of the new Tubarao Charging Cars are:
- The incorporation of the JMH Coal Handling System, the best available system for efficiency, environmental protection and cost-effectiveness
- JMH Charging Telescope System to guarantee Emission Free Charging and no coal spillage
- Charging by Density to Maximise Production
- Advanced Automation for Manless Operation
- Light Weight and Robust Construction for Battery Preservation
“This project enables us to expand our technical solutions throughout ArcelorMittal facilities all over the word” comments Gary McCombie, Managing Director. “The first charge car we installed on ArcelorMittal batteries in Canada in 2004 has performed to excellent levels of availability and environmental control, and we are committed to continue to provide robust, reliable and high quality machines, designed to maximise efficiency, productivity and longevity.”
“The build of the two new Charge Cars is progressing on schedule and we expect them to be fully operational by the end of 2016. “
Pictured: Heavy Lift Installation of the Charge Car at ArcelorMittal Dofasco, 2004